What’s it all about?
- The Wyre & Fylde Community Network was set up in October 2015 for the public benefit, developing and maintaining a network of community and charitable groups and organisations, which are delivering services and support to the public in Wyre and Fylde, by providing a representative voice, co-ordinated promotional events, partnership and networking opportunities and links across all sectors
- We will organise community conferences and events to provide information and highlight key topics and issues, to help and support our community to become more robust and enable them to make informed choices to improve their health and wellbeing
- We will lead and support the development of Dementia Action Alliance and dementia friendly communities to increase public awareness of dementia and to help people who are living with dementia to live safely and happily in their community
- We will establish and build solid and sustained links with local business community leads/champions to strengthen their effectiveness in their local communities. We will also provide effective links with the faith sector, educational establishments and Parish Councils, providing them with information and links to a wide network of organisations and services and enabling them to provide a range of support to their specific sector of our community
- We will guide and signpost member groups and organisations to the appropriate support for governance, training, etc., helping to create a strong and sustainable voluntary sector. We will also enable links between groups and services, ensuring that our communities can gain access easily to all the support which is available to them